Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Happier Narrative Writing

Today, we watched the Happier music video and we have to make a narrative writing about it, here's what I wrote (this is the girls perspective):

It was my 12th birthday. My mum got me a cute dog. I really like this dog and I always wanted one because all my friends have dogs. My uncle took a picture of me and my dog and put it on the wall. I have him treats in my room and we played all night. (A few years later, the dog grows up) In the morning I had to go to school, I hate school but I had to. I finished school and I had soccer practice after school. They always bully me there but my passion is football/soccer. But when I go home my dog is there to make me feel happy. My dog was acting strangely today, I asked my mother what it was but she said "There is nothing wrong with him." It was the weekend so I can play with my dog! I went to go see where he was, he was just sleeping. But suddenly I see my dad come in and grab him and take him to the vet. He's not moving or breathing at all. I start panicking and crying. We arrive at the vet and they take him in a room. A doctor comes out 15 mins after and says "I'm sorry to say but your dog has passed." I was shocked. I have never felt this way before. (20 years later) It's my daughters 12th birthday, I got her the same breed dog as my old one. I gave it to her she was so happy. Just like me back when I was 12. A tear rolled down my face. My uncle took picture of it and put it next to my picture of me and my dog.

Overall I think this task was fun and helpful. You have to have good memory and it was very fun doing it. I hope we do something like this again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,

    We had a bit of a rocky start to this task, but I am glad that we got your writing going on your blog because I would not want your readers to miss this.

    I can see that you were thoughtful in your writing and you pointed out the most important details in the music video. In your reflection, I thought it was clever that you mentioned having a good memory. I agree, you need to be able to remember the plot of the video and what comes next.

    I also like how you used your quotations marks like we practiced earlier in our Narrative writing unit. Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of this task.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.