Pages

Monday 5 November 2018

Persuasive Writing: "Cats are better than dogs"

Both of the best pets in the world, cats and dogs but which one is better? In my opinion I think dogs are better because they defend/protect your home from anyone who is trespassing. Dogs make you get up and exercise because they need to go for walks and they want to play fetch. Some dogs can guide blind people where to go and that is very helpful for blind people while cats can't do that. 

Some dogs also help the police catch criminals, the dogs run after the criminal and bite them or just take them down until the police officer takes them. Cats could run away or hit by a car easily so you have to keep them inside which could get messy with cat hair everywhere. Dogs don't go on roads and don't run away, you leave them in a fenced area and they will protect your home. Cats aren't very helpful, they might be cute but not helpful. Dogs are very helpful, they can do multiple jobs that helps  humans. What's your opinion? Do you like cats or dogs?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam

    You wrote a very convincing argument for why dogs are better than cats. I like how you had creative ideas and supported them by elaborating on your points. This attention to detail makes this a good piece of writing.

    Commendable work!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.