Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

Science Experiment

What is bone made of?


Aim  To investigate the effect of acid on bone.


Method
1.Collect 4 chicken bones
2. Weigh each bone
3. Put bone in a container
4. Add water and seal the lid
5. Repeat with acid and cola

Results



Bone in Water
Bone in Acid
Bone in Coca Cola
Observation
Just absorb the
water and made it
stink.
Went really bendy
and loss .2 grams.
Not much difference
but turned black and not
bendy.
Mass (g) Before
8 grams
9 grams
8 grams / 9 grams
Mass (g) After
12 grams
8.8 grams
9.8 grams
Difference in Mass
4 grams
.2 grams
.8 grams 1 grams


Conclusion
The acid bone is bendy because the acid has eaten away the strong part of the bone. The water bone was stinky because it was staying in there for 2 weeks, so the water got bacteria. The coke bone was black because the coke is black and its been in there for 2 weeks
Image result for bones

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.