Pages

Monday 2 August 2021

Memory by Margaret Mahy

Memory is a book that we are reading at Whanaga by Margaret Mahy. Here's the summary for the book.

Jonnys in a bad way. after a night of trouble., he sets out to find his dead sisters best friend. But wandering through the deserted city late at night, he finds someone else instead - old Sophie West suffers from senile dementia, a brain disorder causing loss of memory and disorientation. She is reduced to living  on her own in genteel but dreadful squalor - her only companions a mass of cats. As a temporary outcast himself, Jonny takes refuge with her.

Jonny came back from finding his dead sisters best friend which shows resilience after a bad incident. He feels sad because of his sisters death but he's still going through it and hasn't gave up. 

Children's Book Review: Memory by Margaret Mahy, Author Margaret K.  McElderry Books $16 (278p) ISBN 978-0-689-50446-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.